Tuesday, January 13, 2015

semana 2 en Ytororo

So it was confirmed.. I DID in fact have pike. I took it out myself (don't worry, I made a video to show when I get home). BUT... I don't think I got it all out. Cuz there`s a little black dot there again... oops! I think this time I`ll have a member do it.
This week we did service! There is a sister in the ward, she`s a single mom with 3 small kids, and they just moved. So their yard is a bit of a mess, and there was a palm tree half fallen over (a bit dangerous for small children when it falls the rest of the way) and trees and bushes and thorns everywhere. So we went with the elders and our ward mission leader with machetes and chopped it all up. It was fun.
Also we found a miracle this week! We`ve started using a list that the church has called the lista de accion (action list?) and we are finding lots of part member families in our area! We already found 2. One of them is the Leon family, and 2 of their kids, Micaela and Arcenio, and going to get baptized this Saturday! and then there`s another family. They were leaving to go fishing when we found them (where- i have no idea, cuz they said they weren`t going to the Paraguay River right next to us and as far as I know, there is no other river or water source in Paraguay besides the rain and the humidity in the air). So we only talked to the daughter, but she`s super cute and says she wants to get baptized, so we`ll work with that family to help reactivate them so that she and her brother can get baptized.
And also this week, we had Conferencia de Zonas! in the offices. It was AMAZING. We talked about... well I`m not sure how the scriptures translates exactly into English.. It`s D & C 101:55-57. so you can look it up for yourself. But basically it says that we`ve gotta take the whole strength of the Lord`s house, and we`ve gotta do it now. So we are talking a lot about how to involve the members in missionary work. And not just active members, but less active and inactive as well (reactivating them). Because if we only use the active members, that means only 10 or 15% of the strength of the house. So we`re basically changing how we work with the members and trying to work on baptizing, retaining, and reactivating all at the same time.
Also we focused a lot on how we must ALWAYS bring the focus as fast as we can to Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Help people truly understand and experiment the Atonement. That is the only way to reach salvation and true happiness.
I know that Christ is my Savior. I know it with my whole heart. I know that he loves us, and that he showed us the way to follow him, through faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end., and then he suffered for OUR sins, and OUR sorrows and sicknesses and everything. I know this gospel is true. And I know that anyone can know it as well, if they just kneel down in sincere prayer, and ask God. And He WILL answer, because HE LOVES US, and we are his children.
Love you all!! Don't be getting too trunky yet! I`ve still got 6% of my mission left!! It`s not done till its done!! (and even then, its still not done.)
Love you!
Hermana Urie

No comments:

Post a Comment