Friday, January 3, 2014

La Floresta

Alright, so as I told you on Christmas, I am now in my second area! La Floresta. It`s a lot more city than Reducto, but so far I like it. The ward is bit bigger, but most of them are in the area of the other hermanas, so we only have like 3 families and 2 hermanas in our area! So I don't really know most of the ward yet, but it`s coming along.

And I`m done with training!! por fin!! and I have a new companion. She is latina again!! yay!!! I`m gonna learn so much Spanish!! Her name is Hermana Lossa, she is from Colombia, and she joined the church 3 years ago, and she`s been in the mission for 1 year (i am so glad that i`m not training yet. so not ready! but hermana Thacker- my companion from the MTC- and 3 other hermanas that came in our group are training now!!! crazy!!!). And Hna. Lossa is awesome! I`ve already learned a ton from her. And she`s very talkative and speaks hardly any English, so that`s really good for my Spanish!
So La Floresta.. We have a lot of great investigators that we are working with and that are progressing, so we`re hoping to have some baptisms in January and February!! Our 2 biggest problems right are are getting people to come to church, and there are a lot youth that want to be baptized but their parents won't give them permission. but lots of progressing and eventually our investigators will come to church. We have faith!!

Christmas!!
We had dinner with a member family and I talked to you guys, and the rest of the time was the regular teaching and contacting in the streets of Paraguay. In the heat. It`s weird for me to be sweating in the sun on Christmas instead of freezing, wrapped up in a blanket with hot chocolate and snow outside. but great experiences. and Friday we had a mission activity. Hiked a hill (probably the only significantly sized hill in Paraguay-haha but seriously), played games, had a white elephant present thing (mine and Hermana Lossa`s presents were hilarous!!), and got really, really sunburned. I don`t know how hot it was, but definitely over 100 (there was a sign with the temperature, but i think it was lying because it said anywhere from 48-56 degrees Celsius, which is about 120-134 degrees Fahrenheit. And I don't think it was quite that hot)

What else happened... oh I hand washed some of my clothes for the first time, I`m super blonde because of the sun, and super tan, we have random sudden rain storms- and these are like seriously rain storms, less than 10 seconds and you are completely drenched-, I am loving the mission, and I got to talk with my wonderful family on Christmas!!!!  I actually did not cry after talking with you guys like I thought I was going to, so yay, blessings..

and that`s it. love you!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and happy new year!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Urie

p.s. oh yeah, all of Tuesday and Wednesday there were basically constant fireworks, but luckily I can sleep through anything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment