Thursday, May 29, 2014

Temple

HOLA! Como esta mi familia?!

So this week we went to the temple!! It was beautiful and gorgeous and this time I could actually understand what everyone was saying!! (because when I went in the MTC en Mexico I still didn't know any Spanish) So I love the temple and it is gorgeous and everyone`s goal really should be to get to the temple and be married and sealed there as an eternal family!!

So this week has been pretty great! Though now that I`m trying to remember, I have no idea what happened... All the days and weeks just kinda blurr together and fly by really fast now... but I`ll try to remember..

So Monday I randomly got sick. No idea why or how, but i just got sick. So I spent my whole P'day sleeping. Tuesday morning we were able to go to the temple, but on the way home from there, standing up for a long time in the collectivo, I started feeling sick again. So when we got home I slept for a few hours and then we went out and worked for the last couple hours of the night.

Wednesday we had Noche deRama (Ward/Branch Night). I don't remember if I ever told you guys about Noche de Barrio/Rama. But here in Paraguay, they have Ward Night. There aren't usually enough active members to have young women's, young men's, the primary activities, etc, every week. So they just have Noche de Barrio every week, where the whole ward gets together. Usually, it ends up being the guys playing futbol (soccer) super intensely and the women just watching (that's how its been in all my areas so far). But in my first area there were also pretty good at doing an activity for the people who didn't want to die playing soccer. In my second area, not as much, but we were starting to get more organized activities there before I left as well. And here, they also dont really do any other activities, but we are starting it up here as well. So this week we played games and had cake. Not sure yet what we`re gonna do for this week.. we`ll have to think of something... If anyone has super fun, easy to put together activities for people of all ages, please let me know!!!

And this week has been FREEZING! It rains. So its wet, its humid, and it is cold. But hey, we`ve still got a month until the real cold starts, so that will be fun. I will say I have learned the wonderful concept of layers. I never believed that before, but I`ve tried it here and it is the only thing that will save you. I just miss having heating systems in the houses....... haha sorry, started daydreaming for a second there.. I`m back.

Anyway, my fingers and freezing and my time is up. I love you all to death!! Sounds like you are all having fun swimming and mission and DC adventures!! I wish you all well!!

Love you
Hermana Urie

No comments:

Post a Comment